You might remember that back in 2012 Brightcookie developed a plugin that enabled integration between the Moodle LMS and Alfresco Community Edition. This integration allowed authorised users to browse an Alfresco repository, upload and embed/link files into Moodle all from within the Moodle User Interface. This integration used Alfresco web-script which had a few downsides as you were effectively displaying the Alfresco UI inside of Moodle.
Brightcookie has since developed a new Moodle-Alfresco integration using OASIS Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) – an Open Standard supported by all recent versions of Alfresco CE. This ensures that the User Interface is native to Moodle and it also enhances security. As a side benefit this should also work for clients that use another CMIS compliant Learning Object Repository.
- Log in options:
- Input username and password
- Automatically log-in using preset CMIS account
- Automatically log-in with Brightcookie Moodle SSO
- Browsing Alfresco
- Basic and advanced search
- Upload a document
- Update new version of document
- Preview document
- Choose and select version of document to embed/download to Moodle
- Choose and select version of document to download to local machine
User auto login
Upload file to Alfresco
Advanced search feature
Get in touch with us if you want more information or are interested in a demo.