It was bound to happen and then one day it did. Two of the world’s leading open source platforms have combined forces. The ability to create, reuse and share interactive HTML5 content directly from your Moodle or Totara Learning Management System is now achievable.
So what does that mean for current Moodle or Totara LMS users?
Once the H5P plugin is installed within the LMS, course developers can add interactive H5P content the same way that they would add an activity to the course. But that’s only the beginning of the true power of what is now achievable with H5P. You can now view and integrate interactive content from multiple devices and install it directly into WordPress or embed it into your own website.
- Create, share and reuse HTML5 content and applications
- Mobile friendly and responsive content
- Publish once, view and interact on all screens
- Create and edit interactive videos, presentations, games and advertisements
- Free and open technology.
Let’s look at some of the interactive content types you can now harness to supercharge your Moodle or Totara LMS. With 26 different interactive types, the possibilities are exciting and virtually endless. Here are just a few:
- Course presentation – create presentations with interactive slides
- Interactive video – create videos enriched with interactions
- Memory game – create the classic image pairing game
- Chart – generate bar and pie charts
- Collage – create a collage of multiple images
- Drag and drop – create drag and drop tasks with images
- Hotspots – create image hotspots for users to find
- Timeline – create a timeline of events with multimedia.
Here is an example of an interactive video content type embedded into this page. You can add multiple choice and fill in the blank questions, pop-up text and other types of interactions to the videos using only a web browser.
The Timeline content type allows you to place a sequence of events in a chronological order. For each event you can add images and texts as well as include assets from Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Vimeo, Google Maps and SoundCloud.
If you’d like to see some more examples of H5P interactive content, visit the H5P site for inspiration.
Ready to expand and embrace this new technology?
We here at Brightcookie are at the forefront of this new technology and leaders in combining open source platforms. As a Moodle or Totara LMS user, you have the opportunity to make your LMS fully responsive, enriched with content and alive with learning experiences that cater to your users.
If you think it’s time to embrace this exciting new feature, contact us and we can guide you through the process with our team of technology and education experts.