What information we collect
When you look at this web site, we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- The date and time of your visit to the site
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- The previous site you visited
- The type of browser you used.
No attempt will be made to identify individual visitors or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the logs. Some sites use “cookies” to track individual visitors access to a site. Cookies are not used on this site to gather personal information about visitors.
Reasons we collect this information
The site usage information listed above is aggregated and may be used for the following purposes:
- Website and system administration, including monitoring to prevent security breaches
- Determine general usage patterns and fine tune layout in order to ensure that our site is as useful and enjoyable as possible
- Enhancement of the website to better meet our visitors’ needs; and Research and development.
Brightcookie is unable to identify visitors or their browsing activities from the information collected above. In the unlikely event of an investigation, either Brightcookie or the Internet Service Provider may provide logs to a law enforcement agency if they have exercised a warrant for their inspection. Brightcookie use reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure.
Links to other websites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies of websites we link to and how these websites treat information about their website visitors.
We will only record your email address if you send us a message. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be made available for commercial purposes. We will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent. Your email may be kept as a record of correspondence.
Collection of personal information through forms and surveys
The main way in which the Brightcookie website collects information from visitors is through forms and surveys provided on web pages. Visitor personal information is not collected by Brightcookie. without the consent of the visitor, that is, the visitor must click on a button provided on each web page to submit their information to Brightcookie. At or before the time we collect personal information, we will give notice to the visitor of our website as follows:
- What personally identifiable information of yours will be collected
- Who is collecting the information
- How the information is used
- Who we can share the information with
- The choices you have in connection with collecting, using and distributing your information
- The kind of security procedures that we have in place to protect your information under our control
- How you can correct inaccuracies in the information
- The period for which your information will be held.
Feedback forms, surveys and email
The comments and information you send will enable us to ensure this website is as useful as possible. This feedback will enable the continual development and enhancement of our online presence to better meet our visitors’ needs.
Except as mentioned, we will not send you unsolicited information, commercial offers or advertisements. When completing a feedback form, survey or sending us email feedback, you are given the opportunity to provide your contact details and email address. Your email address may be used to contact you, when necessary, in reply to your comments or request for information. We will not provide your email address to any third-party mailing lists or sell your email address to any commercial organisation. Feedback forms featured on our website provide visitors with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further communications from us. Visitors may request details of information that we maintain about them or to have any inaccuracies in this information corrected. Brightcookie is unable to identify visitors or their email addresses unless the visitor specifically supplies the information. We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. We may retain a copy of your email for our records in the event that your enquiry results in an investigation or response.
Notification of changes